About the team
At Holistic AI - Engineering team, we embrace a culture of experimentation, improvement and learning. You will work in a collaborative, trusting and very challenging environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions. You will take a great place in our team and you will work closely with our engineers that come from experienced companies like: Sky, Skyscanner, DeepMind and Goldman Sachs. You will work on our greenfield projects that have an impact on both: what we build and how we build it.
About the role
We are interested in a Staff Engineer who loves building robust and scalable distributed systems. As a Staff Engineer you will be responsible for the technical direction, and you will play a key role in the development of our new product. We expect you to be passionate about solving problems that are ambiguous by nature, to come up with innovative solutions and to be able to experiment and lead the team by setting the technical direction and scoping out the product requirements.
What you’ll do
- Define and develop solutions that meet the product technical requirements
- Analyse performance of important workloads to identify improvements in future architectures
- Write high-quality code that is modular, extensible and functional
- Balance between the need to ship frequently and future proofing
- Review the technical solutions (design docs) of other engineers to ensure that best practices are met
- Proactively consider performance and scalability
What you’ll need
- Proven experience in building, launching and running high-performance distributed systems
- Ability to manage all stages of a project including research, developing and design
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Critical thinking: balance short-term needs with long-term goals
- Curiosity, strong focus and passion to build a great product
- Excellent communication skills and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication and ability to influence both: technical and business decisions
What you’ll be using
- Java 17
- Python 3.8
What’s in it for you
💸 Competitive salary
🕘 Flexible working hours - We trust you to work on times that suit you and your team.
🏡 Hybrid friendly - as long as you have a good internet connection and a private and quiet space that allows you to do your best work.
📚 Regular knowledge sharing session with your squad.
○ Personal library - books that you can read any time.
○ Training and capability in building opportunities.
💰 We will automatically enrol you into our pension scheme.
🍼 Maternity and paternity leave policy (if you have been with us for at least 13 weeks).
🍻 Regular social activities in person or online - Attendance is 100 % optional; if you don’t fancy it, don’t stress about it!
🍱 Fully stocked pantries with snacks and drinks.
⚖️ Good work-life balance.
About Holistic AI
We are the leading provider of AI Risk Management services, and our mission is to empower our clients to adopt and scale AI with confidence. We spun out of University College London, with a core team made of PhDs in Computer Science. The company is formed by lifelong learners seeking to be the best in their work. Together as a team, we were able to pioneer the AI Risk Management field by having strong practical experience in auditing AI systems.
We have reviewed over 100+ enterprise AI projects covering more than 20k different algorithms. We are trusted by Fortune 500 corporations, SMEs, governments, and regulators.
We are based in Soho Square (central London).
If this sounds like something that is exciting, we want to hear from you! To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com and one of our recruiters will get in touch with you!